NETest® Sample Preparation
A few simple steps are required to prepare samples to submit for the NETest molecular expression testing. These steps include:
PROTOCOL FOR BLOOD COLLECTION AND TRANSCRIPT ANALYSIS
- 1 x 5ml collection (peripheral blood) in an EDTA-tube (purple top) (n=1)
- After collection thoroughly mixed (inverting)
- Can be stored on ice up to 2 hours before processing
- Optimally processing is immediate as follows
- Freeze the EDTA-tube (Whole Blood Sample) (-80°C)
Blood for transcript analysis (n=1 EDTA tube: WHOLE BLOOD) – samples stored at -80°C.
FROZEN samples (1 per patient: whole blood (x1 in 5ml EDTA-tube)) should be sent by courier (e.g. FedEx) on dry ice, to Wren for analysis. Please note:
- A minimum of 10 lbs (4.54 kg) dry ice is needed.
- Dry ice and sample should be placed in a polystyrene box and then into a cardboard box.
- Cardboard box requires standard FEDEX label as well as dry ice sticker (see FEDEX details – pg2-3)
DO NOT SHIP ANY SAMPLES ON A FRIDAY!!!